POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [ann] MMMM updated : Re: [ann] MMMM updated Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [ann] MMMM updated
From: Shay
Date: 23 Oct 2002 11:00:14
Message: <3db6b97e@news.povray.org>
ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On 23 Oct 2002 09:58:25 -0400, ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/22677/
>
> ABX

That was only an example of a macro to find the normals of irregularly split
quads. The splits in that example were randomly generated. Here are some
examples of the real thing, some with wireframes. The first is
multi-resolution:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/23830/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/22750/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/22740/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/28213/

The method which I used to determine the optimal split was to find the
average of the four corner points and then select the dividing line which
was the least distance from that point. I'm not sure what the others did.

 -Shay